Forest Park, St. Louis, MO
Project completed while a Principal with Stephen Stimson Associates
This portion of Forest Park was the site of the United States Pavilion in the 1904 Worlds Fair, and had been re-built in a Beaux Arts style after the Fair. Fountains and masonry had deteriorated to an unsafe condition. This re-design respected the position and basic character of steps and fountain elements, re-built in more modern materials and details, and with grading and pathway modifications to provide ADA access to all areas of the site. Plantings were selected for a long season of visual interest, and were planted by volunteers and staff from Forest Park Forever.
Photography by Jim Fetterman.